The Pros and Cons of 5 Types of T-Shirt Printing
Are you considering having t-shirts printed? When it comes to t-shirt printing, there are a number of methods that can be used. We take a look at the 5 main types of t-shirt printing and examine the pros and cons of each.
If you are but don’t know what types of t-shirt printing techniques are available, we created this article for you. Read on to learn more about the different ways you can make your t-shirt designs happen.
1. Transfer Paper Printing Method
This technique requires transferring an image from paper to a t-shirt using a heat press machine.
In order to get this type of printing done, you need special paper, the proper heat press, and make sure you use a t-shirt resistant to heat.
- It’s easy to do.
- It doesn’t take much time.
- It’s perfect for a DIY project.
- You can get excellent results.
- You need a special machine for best results.
- The wrong machine can produce low-quality results.
- Without experience, it might take more time.
2. Sublimation Printing Technique
For those who want a t-shirt printed using vibrant and rich colors, the sublimation technique will give this effect.
Because this technique produces quality results, it’s not very cost effective.
It works best on lighter color cotton fabrics.
- It’s ideal if you need to print in small batches.
- The results will produce rich colors.
- The details are accentuated.
- It allows you to print from seam to seam.
- It’s not recommended for large batches.
- It’s not cost-efficient.
- Not all garments can be used.
3. CAD Cut Vinyl Printing
Vinyl printing requires small pieces of transferable vinyl to be transferred on the t-shirt.
This method is often used for simple designs that aren’t too complicated.
- You can print on nylon and polyester.
- It can achieve bold and vibrant images.
- The setup costs are low.
- You can print in various locations.
- It’s not recommended if you want to print in bulk.
4. Screen Printing Using a Machine
Screen printing goes back hundreds of years and its one of the great print techniques.
Screen printing will produce quality prints in no time and the designs stay on the t-shirt for a long time. This technique is more labor intensive in comparison to the other ones.
- It’s a great option for bulk orders.
- You can print on many types of fabric.
- It’s a cost-effective method.
- Printing in multiple colors can be pricey.
- It’s limited to simple designs.
5. Direct to Garment
This printing is so popular many people want to take on this hobby because it offers many design possibilities.
It works the same way as a paper printer but on fabric.
- The finishing will look professional.
- You can choose from lots of colors.
- It’s cost efficient per item.
- You can expect high initial costs.
- The printing machine will take up a lot of space.
- Don’t expect to fast printing using this method.
Types of T-Shirt Printing, Which is Better?
As you can see, there are many different types of t-shirt printing options out there. Consider the pros and cons you learned here before sticking to one type of printing.
If you want to take your t-shirt designs to the next level, contact us for more information.